Pages

Saturday 9 July 2016

Scott Henderson - Some tricks about pentatonic scale, rhythmic patterns, whammy bar and bridge settings


I'm not a big fan of Scott Henderson and his playing.
I've never been. And I think I'll never be.
But one of the things I like the most about learning guitar, is how I'm still interested at the age of 40 in nearly everything style and sound you can obtain from a guitar.
I feel like a child every time I hear or see something good coming out from those six strings.
Any kind of music, any technique makes me curious like a teenager.
It doesn't matter if I'll never play that kind of music on a record or on stage, 'cause maybe I'm not really into that stuff, like classical music, bossa-nova, or in this case, fusion.
Honestly, the worst kind of music ever invented.
But it just doesn't matter.
Watching this video, I couldn't be more curious than this, because even if it is not my cup of tea, all that I see is a great guitar master saying interesting things about harmony, rhythmic patterns, whammy bar, and finally bridge settings.
I had to watch it 3 times to catch every nuance, 'cause there are a lot of notions for a 10 minutes video.
So, thank you so much Mr Scott Henderson.
..and you, skeptical rockers, give it a try!
If you really love music and your guitar, you won't be disappointed about that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment